It’s been a long time since I’ve been this enthralled in something. I’m so utterly engrossed in the fact that in just 76 short days, my life- as i know it, is changing forever. I honestly can’t be any more ecstatic. The only down side is, everything is going very god-damn slow here. All my days seem to blur, time which I once thought was on my side- seems to be running away from me. Stress levels are rising already too. I get stressed when I plan out things, so this is natural. I’m gonna try to just enjoy the ride, ya know? Like, just let it all unravel at my feet.
So in the last two days I’ve mapped out options to furnish myself a laptop, acquire plane tickets and organize my stuff to sell at a yard sale. (For more cash and the simple fact that I’m not gonna need it, nor do I.) It’s exciting stuff but like I said, stressful. I find my self checking, double checking and then checking again to see if I have stuff ready. Oh, I’m starting to really hate the word “stuff” too. I mean yeah, it’s exactly that. Junk, Crappola, rubbish, nick-knacks. Whatever you wanna call it. I want and can live without 98% of it. The other 2% of st…err, junk, are just a few small personal items. On the bright side, my room has never looked so clean in my life!
My cousin has been at the fore-front of me getting up there. He’s really a great guy and I’ve never even met him. We talk a lot over Facebook and the phone. He sends me video’s of life up there like how people have pet geese, or they go dog sledding. It’s just a whole new world to me, sounds more like it’s up to my speed. I enjoy simplicity. Things that will bring you joy shouldn’t always come from the internet, or the television. Just getting out to your local park sitting on a bench, watching the children play while you read a book. Or just enjoy being by the sea- that sweet, salty air that comes rushing at you, blowing your hair in every direction. I enjoy that feeling in fall when your nose gets cold. Or when you know your family supports you in anything you do. Those things, small, miniscule yet completely significant in my life. It’s honestly never been more prevalent than it is now. I want to thank Mike for being so welcoming to me. I’m not even there yet, we’ve never even really know each other outside of social media, but I feel I’ve known you my entire life. There is a bond that I can’t seem to truly put to words.
I’m motivated, driven and… out of my mind? Ha ha, I’ve been told the former. “You must be nuts going four-thousand miles away for home to just go and hang out with Eskimos and be cold and get eaten by bears and shit”. that’s about 90% of my friends. Or they just say “Cool man, good luck”. But I know it’s like, “Yeah, you’re a dumb ass. 10 bucks says he’s back in a week if he even goes.” And weather they realize it or not they are just pushing me harder and harder. That stuff doesn’t set me back, it drives me forward. The negativity literally propels me closer to just proving them wrong. I mean, from the major support that I’ve gotten (insert sarcasm here) I’m glad I’m only 76 days away. To get them to shut up, to finally be free of what ever stigma is holding me here. It’s a feeling that’s just so overcoming and empowering.